Here are mine:
- I will not say I'm in marketing any longer. In reality, what the world calls marketing is advertising; and that's barely a fraction of what I do.
- I will instead say I'm into Product Entrepreneurship -> A phrase I just made up. Why? Because I love to SHIP stuff... I love to help dream up a product, dream up how to position it, dream up features, dream up a launch/PR plan, and implement the research, implement the product, implement the features, implement the PR plan, and implement the Business Development, and implement, yes, the advertising. That's a full product lifecycle: time to face reality, I'm not a "Marketing Specialist" (e.g. not an Advertising Executive). I'm an Product Entrepreneur.
- I will NOT fight over words again. In 2012, my biggest headaches were about words. I fought for one word over another word; thinking it was important. In reality words are not nearly as important as data and product.
- I WILL use surveys more. Especially when words are involved; I will look first to surveys to try to figure out which words are the most appealing.
- I WILL make more presentations. People think they hate PowerPoint but it does move them. I plan to have PowerPoint ready with my salient data for as many future meetings as possible.
- I WILL use the phone more, and email less.