Friday, March 19, 2010

Formalizing an online persona.

If you are an entrepreneur or a high-tech professional, and you do not have a Blog, I ask you, why?

If you don't have a Linked-In persona, I ask you, why?

If you don't know your place in this online world, I ask you, why?

If the answer is you don't believe in it, I can't help you.

If the answer is, not enough time, I can't help you.

If the answer is, why...I have this to say.

No matter who you are or what you are trying to do, people are going to Google you.  When they do, they will either find what YOU have written about you, what someone else wrote, or worse, nothing.

I'd never to hire a VP or Director who has "nothing" about them online.  Linkedin is a must.  References on Linkedin a big plus.  And a Blog even better (as long as its related to what you do).

So, that's my advice.  Do it.  Update it.  Participate, don't just watch.

My blog title and name was updated just today after hearing from colleagues it was a bit out of date.

Yep, they Googled me!

At least they didn't find... nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers