The answer is simple. The same reason it is nice to know any CEO:
- Because if you know one, and they know you, you've got a leg up on ANY job role they are trying to fill.
- If they know you well enough, the CEO might even reach out to you pro-actively!
- Because a CEO of a company today, will very likely be a CEO of a different company tomorrow... e.g. they will likely be in future hiring positions as well.
- If you know them, you know what they are like to work with, and the kind of culture they build at companies.
- Because there are plenty of Business Development opportunities that come up all the time with the CEO.
- Because we are cool (see the picture from my most recent family hiking picture above!)
So, come on people, get to know a CEO! They just might be able to actually help you with your career some day! * I'd be glad to help any of my friends or acquaintances as best I can, for example.