What Does NOT work:
- Boobs/Sex. Unless you are selling one or the other of these, my experience is that it does not (by itself) work to sell your product. There is a way to use sex appeal in your advertising, but it has to be somewhat subtle & connected.
- Alcohol. Similar to Boobs/Sex, it does not work unless it's exactly what you are selling.
- Sports. Similar to Alcohol, unless sports is the target, this does not work.
- Lots of Words. The more words, the less effective.
- Branded Feature Words. Branding your features is not a good strategy for this market. (or any market really).
- Over-stated claims. This just does not work; see right through it.
What HAS worked:
- Honesty/Directness. Being honest about what you have/don't have works. People want to be informed, as fast as possible.
- Clever Wordings. Being clever can get attention with this group.
- Good and Real photos/drawings of your products... if it involves women or boobs in some non-obvious way.. that's fine. You get the idea... subtle.
- Benefits & Features. Being clear about what benefits and features of your product (in a brief way) works.
- Value. Explaining the value/savings/math behind your products works.
- Passion. Show the passion you/your team has for your products in whatever way makes sense... (yes, cool videos of you loving your products/using them works).
What works/doesn't work for you?