Thursday, November 11, 2010
The "Tree of Business"
First, the most important question:
What kind of business do you want to build?
1. A Tree that grows large and bears regular fruit. (a for-profit business, but limited in size)
2. A Tree that stays small, and has just enough fruit to feed yourself & family. (a for-profit business, often called a lifestyle business).
3. A Tree that sprouts many other trees and grows into an orchard or a forest (a huge corporation that someday may IPO - Initial Public Offering).
4. A Tree that gives any excess fruit away to charity (a non-profit)
5. A Tree that you plan to grow quickly, by feeding the tree its own fruit, and then someday sell the tree to someone that is building and orchard or wants to keep the fruit for themself. (a for-profit business, designed for acquisition).
Knowing what you want out of your business can be extremely helpful in deciding A.) What to do. and B.) When to feel successful. and C.) How to get your starting soil (investment).
Enjoy your fruit!
Posted by Harlan Tytus Beverly
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (36)
- ▼ 2010 (68)